CHRO URGENT APPEAL: ATTENTION HR ACTIVISTS IN PAKISTAN
SUB.: MUSCAT-BASED KERALA FISHERMEN JAILED IN PAKISTAN
The following six Keralite fishermen based at Muscat in the Gulf are languishing at Kothar Jail in Pakistan for the past five months:
1. Joboy Paskas, Passport =B 2900049, Labour card 7252490 from OMAN
2. Stalin Aloysius, Passport= E 3097799, Labour card 7206684
3. Jesudasan Raju, A 7873703, Labour Card 7252487
4. Vincent Joseph, Passport E 2736949, Labour Card 7210747
5. Antony Vijayan, N 4792 85, labour card 53961
6. Jose Varghese, N 032257
They left Muscat for fishing on 23rd May. Due to machine failure their fishing boat was drifting in the sea when the Pakistani Coast Guard picked them up. Although they are in jail, we were told that outsiders could meet them.
The prison phones are: Land Line- 0092 86 42 11 446; Mobile-0092 320 20 51 581. Contact persons: Mr. Mehaboob and Mr. Abdul Salam.
HR activists in Pakistan are requested to contact these prisoners, enquire about their welfare, and do all that can be done to facilitate their early release and transportation to India. Efforts to make the Indian Government to take up their issue with the Pakistan authorities are under way.
Any follow-up information/action in this regard will highly be appreciated.
Mukundan C. Menon