//Fake surrenderees who ditched AR under threat say families

Fake surrenderees who ditched AR under threat say families

The Imphal Free Press

IMPHAL, May 16: Even though four out of the five allegedly fake surrenderees hailing from Laimanai in Thoubal district have joined their respective families after they were brought before the CJM Chandel recently, family members and other villagers are in the grip of fear and anxiety as personnel of the 37 Assam Rifles have been frequenting the area since the past few days.

Late this morning, AR personnel allegedly asked local Meira Paibis to let them talk to the mothers of all the five so called fake surrenderees, namely Heikrujam Gobin, Sagolsem Gobin, Heikrujam Lemba, Heikrujam Ingo and Heikrujam Momocha, all hailing from Laimanai.

Except for Momocha, all the four youths have joined their respective families after they were brought before the CJM Chandel following petions filed in the high court to secure their release from the custody of Assam Rifles.

Accordingly, local Meira Paibis made preparation for the mothers of the all the five surrenderees to talk to the AR believing that the local youth Heikrujam Momocha who is still with the 37 AR would also be released.

However, according to locals, the AR personnels left the village after issuing warning that fate of members of the five families lies in their hand.

According to a source, the AR personnel allegedly asked Momocha`s family to withdraw the case filed to secure his release. The AR personnel also allegedly informed members of Momocha`s family that they may not see Momocha ever again if the case is not withdrawn soon.

Local sources said personnels of the 37 Assam Rifles have been visiting Laimanai village since the past four days including in the night. When asked about their purpose of visit the AR personnel however maintained that they are on routine patrol duty, the source said adding members of the families could not live peacefully since the past few days.

In the meantime, all the families of Laimanai have decided to leave the village if Assam Rifles arrest any member of the five families or if any unfortunate incident takes place in the area.

It may be worth mentioning that all the five youths, had taken part in the so called fake surrender ceremony organised by the Assam Rifles on the occasion of the second anniversary of the IGAR (South) at Mantripukhri on March 13 earlier this year.

http://www.kanglaonline.com/index.php?template=headline&newsid=31473&typeid=1