The “National Conferenece on Human Rights” held on 28 & 29, October 2017 at Indian Social Institute, New Delhi witnessed arts as an effective tool to promote positive social change across a range of pressing human rights issues. Diverse themes on Human rights and philosophical scope of cultural activities of two day are proof of how artists are educating through their creativity, reconciliation and dialogue. The delegates were treated to a mix of cultural activities to engage in critical discussion on human rights issues.
Nishanth Natya Manch lead by Neelima Sharma and Sangwari Theater Group lead by Kapil Sharm presented lively performance in the two day afternoon sessions.
The conference ended with a Song, lead by Ashoka Kumari NCHRO – Vice Chairperson.
Also the Volunteers from different parts of country is designed to foster human rights awareness and volunteerism among youths.
This year (2017) marks the 20th anniversary of the NCHRO and we are hopeful that this Conference will stimulate and invigorate debate amongst key stakeholders and it encourage delegates, how human rights can be promoted and protected.
YouTube Videos uploaded by Delegates:-
1) Prof. Nivedita Menon, JNU on Universities and Academic Freedom :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifv633-H_WM
2) Umar Khaild, JNU on Universities and Academic Freedom :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwpC0BqRMc
3) Vasantha Kumari Wife of Prof. Saibaba :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYtm_gNOrKQ
4) Shadaf Mushraf (Sister of missing JNU scholar Najeeb) :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-4OtJsyYY
5) Cultural Program by Sangwari Group :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTC_rjwu4h8